Wednesday, April 29, 2009

First post...somehow always the most difficult. Large blank white space staring at me ("Write something!!")...Shouldn't be too hard, as I've written enough papers for my MLS.

One of the first discovery exercises in 27 Things is to reflect on which of the 7 1/2 steps would be the most challenging. Before creating this blog, I skimmed through several others which fellow SPL staff have created, and I noted that one person had said that "Play" would be the hardest step, and I'd have to agree. For me, it's a matter of finding time to play. Sometimes I look around the house and see things that need doing--the dishwasher needs to be emptied, the cats need food and water, getting after the kids to do homework or pick up toys, dirty clothes, etc. etc. You get the picture. Maybe I just need to set aside a little time for some personal R&R, even if it means a few laps in our backyard pool at midnight.

On to my next task: creating the layout for this blog.

2 comments:

  1. Your current layout looks good to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ask any parent: play time, aka "me time" is a part of good mental health. Besides, when else will we be able to play on the job?

    ReplyDelete